Manage episode 275498176 series 2813656
This episode features an in-depth chat about the world of physical theatre with my mentor in movement, Jennifer Felts! While listening, share the show on social media! Give us a rating, leave a review if you’re feelin’ it friend, and subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts. Thanks for listening, I appreciate you!
The Tea aka Topics: Theatre, Physical Theatre, Movement, Movement Direction, Directing, Choreography, Choreographer, Musical Theatre, Acting Tips, Movement Philosophy, Jacques Lecoq, London International School of Performing Arts, Eastern Michigan University Theatre, Eastern Michigan University
- Read this article to get a general overview of some different movement practitioner's styles: https://www.backstage.com/magazine/article/movement-techniques-actors-study-8763/?fbclid=IwAR2ofn76ewKx4vEHQ55h-YklDAi-EWFB91gBLoUkXk7Ua52fSRosvsQ4tPo
Support the show!
- SUBSCRIBE ON PATREON! All subscriptions go back into making the show: https://www.patreon.com/lifeintheatrepodcast
- Continue the conversation on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/lifeintheatrepodcast/
- Interested in sponsoring the podcast? Email the host at https://www.tylercalhoun.com/contact
FOLLOW EMU THEATRE:
It's more conducive to watch movement than it is to talk about it, so learn about these physical theatre companies by watching their work! I did a training intensive at the Movement Theatre Studio, it is fabulous!
- Movement Theatre Studio NYC: https://www.facebook.com/movementtheaterstudio/videos/326587124893485/
- Frantic Assembly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUqZPfGIX6U
- DV8 Physical Theatre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2bV75ITXJw