Manage episode 300105720 series 2359262
Do you feel frustrated or overwhelmed in your work right now? Dr. Marcie Beigel wants to help you create lasting change by taking small steps, so you can stop feeling overwhelmed.
She s been working as a behavior specialist for the past 20 years. She explores the root causes of challenging behaviors in both children and corporate teams to help them feel less frustrated and overwhelmed.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- How she tried on different professional identities to discover the one that truly reflects who she is.
- The power of consistently taking small steps.
- Importance of tracking your behavior, so you know how to change it.
- How she learned how to sell as a coach.
- Why she felt the need to pause her business for over a year.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Tell your story.
How Dr. Marcie Beigel Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: Ideally around 8:00 am
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Check email. 2) Show up for her sessions. 3) Commit to only doing things that she’s enjoying.
- Ideal work environment: Being in person, in a home or an organization, helping to guide through changes on the ground. For other business activities, it’s being at her standing desk, in her living room, looking out big windows at trees and sky.
- Superpower: Finding the silver lining in any situation.
- Regains focus by: Meditating, sleeping, or talking with her therapist.
“Behavior is one of those things that we don’t realize how deeply it impacts everything and how small steps in the right direction have such a big impact in all elements of our life.”
“What I do is I help people change behavior however they need and want help.”
“You don’t actually have to have a label, you can describe the feeling that you create in the world.”
“As entrepreneurs, we’re creating our own stories, we’re deciding our own labels.”
“The magical thing about behavior is I don’t need to know where it came from or why you’re doing it, I just need to know that you don’t like it and somewhat of where you wanna go.”
Feeling chronically drained these days? Dr. Marcie recommends this small step to start restoring your energy:
Sit and stare out the window at the sky, or a tree, or a building for five minutes per day, because part of restoring energy is giving ourselves permission and space to rest.
Resources + Bonus Materials
Connect With Dr. Marcie Beigel
The post Create Lasting Change By Taking Small Steps With Dr. Marcie Beigel (391) appeared first on Life Skills That Matter.