Manage episode 285676037 series 2359262
Amber De La Garza wants to inspire to discover how to be your best self to do your best work.
She s the founder of The Productivity Specialist, working as a speaker, trainer and coach to helping small business owners use their limited time more efficiently.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- How she pivoted her career in real estate sales into business coaching.
- Why the birth of her son gave her the courage to go out on her own.
- How she s been apprenticing her son in her business.
- Amber s version of productivity as an employee versus working for herself.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Self-directed learning.
- Tell your story.
- Habit alignment.
How Amber Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 4:45 am
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Leading her team. 2) Podcasting to get her message out to the world. 3) Coaching her clients.
- Ideal work environment: In her office, with two computer screens, in comfortable clothes, with white noise in the background.
- Superpower: Asking questions as well as having a balance between a no BS straight talk and an incredible amount of compassion.
- Regains focus by: Focusing on her big vision for making an impact on small businesses.
“What really matters is self-management.”
“Charge what you’re worth, absolutely. Now, if there’s a misalignment with what you’re worth, do the work to feel like you’re worth it.”
“We know there are very disorganized people that have messy desks that are slaying their goals. We also know that there’s very organized people that are still not reaching their goals.”
“I work with the client in the context of who they are in their lives and what their business is, we have to take all of that into account.”
“I see productivity as an experiment…it’s our job to do the work to find out how we work best.”
Have trouble managing yourself? Amber suggested this first step to start changing that mindset:
1) Believe that you can learn and apply the skill of self-management
2) Once you believe it’s possible, improving your self-management works like getting better at any other skillset.
Resources + Bonus Materials
Connect With Amber
The post How To Do Your Best Work With Amber De La Garza (366) appeared first on Life Skills That Matter.