Manage episode 287512076 series 2359262
Michelle McCormack wants to share several lessons she s picked up throughout her career on how to make a good first impression online.
Like it or not, most people s first impression of you will most likely be on digital, not in person.
She s the founder of Casting Coin, an online talent marketplace that gives brands and producers more diversity of choice at lower costs.
She started her career as a fashion photographer, but as you ll soon hear, she has a passion for building online communities.
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- How the pandemic changed the photography business.
- Key lessons for writing effective emails and how to avoid email or text wars.
- The guiding principles she used to build an online community of influencers in Boston.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Build community.
- Self-directed learning.
How Michelle Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 6:00 am
- Ideal work environment: In her apartment in New York City.
- Superpower: Communication.
- Regains focus by: Taking a break.
- 90-day goal: Launching their new video casting app product.
“It’s more about giving the artist the ability to own their own career.”
“Brands will be able to produce way more for way less and artists are able to earn way more.”
“I’m good at this now because I made the mistake a lot.”
“What you do is you just facilitate relationships and communication between like-minded people around a certain product or idea.”
“I don’t wanna waste time, I wanna fail fast.”
Feel like you’re being held back by worrying about money? Michelle had this advice for worrying about money less:
1) Have faith that things are going to work out.
2) Make sure your life adds up in a way that makes sense to you, in terms of relationships, work, money, etc.
Resources + Bonus Materials
Connect With Michelle
The post How To Make A Good First Impression Online With Michelle McCormack (369) appeared first on Life Skills That Matter.