Manage episode 296195575 series 2359262
Are you living up to your fullest potential? Paul Higgins wants to inspire you to never stop developing your potential!
He s living what he preaches and meets life s challenges head on!
He s a survivor of a rare kidney disease, he chose to leave his corporate job after 18 years instead of hanging on until he could retire and he admits it took him 5 years to figure out his business idea!
Lot of great lessons in our conversation including:
- Being a consultant versus running a consulting business.
- The process Paul used to find a business idea that worked for him.
- The importance of creating space to make a big change in your life.
- How a health crisis triggered him to work for himself.
- The importance of hanging with like-minded people to help start your own business.
Life Skills That Matter In This Episode
- Build community.
- Self-directed learning.
How Paul Works and Thinks
- Wake up time: 5:45 am
- Core work activities + habits: 1) Lead his team. 2) Sell. 3) Set the strategy of where they’re going.
- Ideal work environment: Getting an early start, doing a fitness activity in the middle of the day, followed by a meditation, a nap, and a cold shower, before getting back to the rest of the day.
- Superpower: Helping people to help others.
- 90-day goal: Get more clients to increase revenue and to help existing clients to achieve their goals.
“I looked back at, ‘well, what am I paid to do and what do I love doing?'”
“The more I help people, the less I think about my own circumstance.”
“Join a community where there’s people that have done exactly what you plan to do.”
“No matter how good you are, if no one knows about it, it’s very very difficult to help more people.”
Starting to plan how to start your business? Paul suggests these first steps for exploring the viability of your idea:
1) Take a look at the resources and content available from places like Life Skills That Matter that focuses on the early parts of starting a business.
2) Really look at your network and who is going to help you get to your first $10k-20k as well as how you can help them now.
3) Think about if you can help an existing or previous employer as your first client.
Resources + Bonus Materials
Connect With Paul
The post Never Stop Developing Your Potential With Paul Higgins (384) appeared first on Life Skills That Matter.