Guest: Dan Johnston of WorkStep on truck driver shortages; Electric trucks are in our future; Companies focus on their sustainability goals
Manage episode 316934758 series 2762492
Our guest in this week's episode is Dan Johnston, co-founder and CEO of WorkStep, a hiring and retention solution for the supply chain industry. We have heard about driver shortages for years, but the pandemic and the overall high employment levels have made it even more difficult to find qualified truckers. Johnston shares what can be done to attract and retain drivers in a very tight labor market.
Movement towards an electric vehicle future continues to roll forward. This week there were some new deals that reinforced the growth of the electric market. Will the momentum continue?
Even with the pandemic and other supply chain challenges, companies in our sector have not given up on their sustainability goals. In fact, they have increased them. What are the driving factors and how are companies meeting the challenge of lowering the environmental impacts of their supply chains?
DC Velocity's sister publication CSCMP's Supply Chain Quarterly has a new 11-episode limited podcast series called the Top 10 Supply Chain Threats. Each week, a different threat to our supply chains is discussed, including capacity constraints, labor shortages, inflation and economics, weather-related issues, component and product shortages, digitalization, automation, and much more. Subscribe at your favorite podcast platform. Search "Top 10 Supply Chain Threats."
Articles and resources mentioned in this episode:
- Volta Trucks & Here Technologies partner to advance last mile EV Solutions
- Waev Inc. acquires GEM and Taylor Dunn brands from Polaris
- Study shows companies in carbon spotlight trim their environmental impacts
- Freight fleets continued clean vehicle rollouts despite pandemic, report shows
- DB Schenker, Lufthansa Cargo, and Nokia team up to reduce carbon emissions
- Carbon offsets help cancel out last-mile pollution
- Visit DCVelocity.com for the latest news.
- Visit Supply Chain Quarterly
- Listen to Supply Chain Quarterly's Top 10 Supply Chain Threats podcast
- Send feedback about this podcast to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Podcast sponsored by: Aptean