Manage episode 292641846 series 3921
On a special milestone episode of Ludology, Gil Hova and Scott Rogers say goodbye to our beloved Emma Larkins, as she departs as a co-host after 50 amazing episodes. Geoff Engelstein drops by to check in on us. And we're also joined by new co-hosts Erica Bouyouris and Sen-Foong Lim!
05m02s: Emma has earned quite a few awards for her game Abandon All Artichokes: the Golden Geek Light Game of the Year, the American Tabletop Award for Early Gamers, and yes, the Parent's Choice Silver Award.
07m25s: Here are Emma's favorite episodes:
- Ludology 247 - Orc-kay Computer with James Mendez Hodes
- Ludology 244 - Games Brought to Life with Jeeyon Shim (her Kickstarter for her new game The Shape of Shadows that Emma mentioned will be running for another week)
- Ludology 240 - Are You Receiving Me? with Adrienne Smith (a slight correction: Adrienne has won IFAF gold medals in international competitions, but has yet to win the Super Bowl)
- Ludology 233 - A Sporting Chance with Omari Akil
- Ludology 231 - STEAM Engine with Chidi Paige
- Ludology 228 - The Roles We Play with Banana Chan
- Ludology 214 - Escape From Reality with Hayley E.R. Cooper and Cameron Cooper of Strange Bird Immersive
- Ludology 212 - Inventing Play with Kim Vandenbrouke
- Ludology 203 - Winging It with Elizabeth Hargrave
- Ludology 209 - The 6 Zones of Play, a roundtable episode with Emma, Gil, and Scott.
15m06s: The two books Geoff mentions are Achievement Relocked: Loss Aversion and Game Design, and Game Production: Prototyping and Producing Your Board Game.
16m30s: More information about the Zenobia Award.
19m56s: Here's the most recent episode we did with Sen, Ludology 236 - Role With It.
20m38s: More information about the Meeple Syrup Show.
21m59s: "Jay" is Sen's longtime co-designer Jay Cormier. Jay joined Mike and Geoff in Ludology 134 - There's No "I" In Team. "Jessey" is game designer, developer, and Meeple Syrup co-host Jessey Wright. "Helaina" is Helaina Cappel, who runs publishing companies Burnt Island Games and Kids' Table Board Gaming.
26m13s: "Daryl" is prolific game designer and former Meeple Syrup host Daryl Andrews. (The shout you hear in the background is one of Sen's sons playing Magic.)
31m41s: Here's Emma's streaming co-host Javion Smith.
32m10s: Here's Emma's list of games:
- Board Games
- Video Games
41m06s: Renys is very much a Maine thing.
43m20s: Sue Grafton wrote the "alphabet mystery series" of detective novels featuring investigator Kinsey Millhone, starting with A is for Alibi and ending with Y is for Yesterday. She sadly never got to the last letter, passing away in 2017. Her daughter said since Grafton never finished what was to be the final book in the series, Z is for Zero, and they did not wish to hire a ghostwriter, "as far as we in the family are concerned, the alphabet now ends at Y."
44m59s: Emma’s pen of choice, the Pilot Precise V5 Rollerball Extra Fine.
46m18s: Sen recommends jetpens.com for all your writing needs.
47m13s: Here's what we're all working on!
- Super-Skill Pinball: Ramp it Up
- Nova League
- Abandon All Artichokes on Tabletopia
- Tea & Me