Manage episode 283298069 series 2793284
Hard conversations, resilience, and boundaries are some of the cornerstones of personal development. And, they happen to be some of the topics covered during this week’s show. Joining me to discuss all things personal development is my guest (and dear friend), Fawn Germer. Fawn is the best-selling author of nine books, including an Oprah Book. She is one of America's top women's leadership speakers and is the top-ranked woman on the prestigious Global Guru's List of best leadership and motivational speakers worldwide.
Together we discuss enduring great loss, coping with grief, and why boundaries are essential. When I think of one word to sum up our conversation, it is resilience. As Fawn so perfectly stated, “Every shitstorm ends.” And as her mother once told her, “It doesn’t matter what happens to you, it matters what you do with it.”
🚨 Book Giveaway! 🚨 Tune in to hear how you can win a free copy of Fawn’s latest book, Coming Back! How to Win the Job You Want When You've Lost the Job You Need.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How a Google search which included the words, “Life Coach + Bullshit,” led to our long-lasting friendship. (4:32)
- Why Fawn dislikes motivational speakers, even though she is one! Plus, her journey to becoming a motivational speaker and author. (7:00)
- How Fawn endured a year of extreme loss - and why she says, “Every shitstorm ends.” (23:14)
- The fastest way to stop a downward spiral. (28:01)
- Uncomfortable conversations and how to make peace with them. (33:04)