Manage episode 290530317 series 2793284
Terri Cole is back on the show! Terri is a licensed psychotherapist and global leading expert in female empowerment. And, has experience in many topics, including codependency and boundaries. In this episode, she joins me to talk about boundaries and her new book, Boundary Boss: The Essential to Talk True, And (Finally) Live Free.
Terri busts common myths about boundaries, as well as the beliefs bestowed on us of what a woman should be and how it plays into having disordered boundaries: “It is more important to be perceived as nice, then perceived as authentic.” According to Terri, that is a setup for a boundary disaster.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- “You teach what you need to learn.” Why Terri decided to write a book about boundaries. (6:58)
- The art of drawing boundaries with ease and grace does not mean creating conflict. (9:50)
- Having a unique “Boundary Blueprint,” and common themes Terri sees in her work. (10:49)
- The biggest myths around setting and enforcing good boundaries. (15:09)
- How good boundaries can help enhance relationships. (19:09)
- How boundaries have been tested for people over the last year and how can we use this time to recalibrate. (35:00)
- A step you can take to stand in your boundary when someone is extremely unhappy with it. (42:30)