Manage episode 295101748 series 2793284
This week, I am exploring childhood trauma and how it is at the root of many of the issues that plague us in our adult lives. Riana Milne joins us; she’s a therapist who’s been helping individuals attract and keep emotionally healthy love for over 21 years.
Riana shares the top ten traumas we experience in childhood and how those traumas impact us. This episode is not about blaming or shaming-- instead, it’s about understanding why we’ve adopted certain coping behaviors and offer strategies towards healing.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Riana walks us through her Childhood Trauma Checklist - identifying 10 traumas experienced in our young lives. (5:17)
- How childhood trauma shows up in love relationships. (29:54)
- The typical timeline for getting trauma out of the brain and body. (37:57)
- Mindset for success - a two-part healing process. (37:59)
- Five things in an emotionally healthy, evolved, and conscientiously aware relationship. (42:05)
I know you’ll find this episode enlightening and perhaps see some of yourself. If you want to dig further, Raina has a free ebook called Attract Healthy Love Now (also great if you’re already in a relationship!).