Manage episode 297496008 series 2793284
Britt Frank is back! I received so much positive feedback from her first appearance on the show about healing from narcissistic and traumatic relationships, I knew we needed to continue the conversation. For those new to Britt, she is a trauma therapist, teacher, and speaker who specializes in the “Science of Stuck.” Britt's work empowers people to understand the inner mechanisms of their brains and bodies.
I still had so many questions for Britt, so in this episode, we dive deeper into our conversation about narcissistic relationships, what trauma is and is not, and how to break free from narcissistic abuse or trauma.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- The difference between narcissism and a narcissist.
- Once someone has identified they are in a relationship with a narcissist - Britt breaks down how to decide whether they should stay or go.
- Narcissism is an attachment disorder and stems from childhood - the best way to prevent children from becoming narcissists is to pay attention to them.
- Trauma is brain indigestion.
- Britt Frank’s opinion on forgiveness. “Anytime we jump to forgiveness at the expense of our own truth, we gaslight ourselves.”
- Once you are aware of what is happening, Britt offers some ways to cope and break free from narcissistic abuse or trauma.
✨By the way, pre-orders for my next book, Make Some Noise, are open! Grab Your Free Bonuses - including a free webinar on self-confidence coming up on August 5th. Get all the details at AndreaOwen.com/noise ✨