Manage episode 290992708 series 97995
Julie Parker is back on the show! We jump right into the deep end and talk about embracing the parts of yourself you don’t necessarily like, aka your shadow side, and why anyone would want to love their fears. Julie Parker is the Founder of The Beautiful You Coaching Academy where she passionately trains heart-centered people to become life coaches.
I had a list of questions prepared for Julie and we covered a few. However, when we recorded this conversation, it was in the midst of the Rachel Hollis debacle. So we veered off into a conversation about what it means to be a sacred leader and the role leadership plays within women empowerment and personal development.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- Julie talks about “embracing your shadows,” the parts of us that we don’t necessarily like and holding us back and looking at these parts compassionately and learning from them. (9:22)
- The importance of keeping a level of curiosity and tapping into it. (13:51)
- How to love your fears and why someone would want to love them. (20:53)
- Julie’s experience with people-pleasing and how she came to an understanding about it. (21:18)
- You can’t talk or think out of the way the stories you make up. (28:52)
- Julie’s book Priestess and the topic of sacred leadership. (33:58)
- What it means to be a sacred leader and the role sacred leadership plays within women's empowerment and personal development. (36:31)