Manage episode 307392110 series 2899312
Robrenna sits down with author and speaker Kari Kampakis to talk about helping your daughters find good friends (and be a good friend!) as well as how to help your daughter find positive influences in their lives.
Tips for Ways to Engage:
1. Take your girl out for a treat and talk to her about friendships
2. Ask your girl who is someone around you who fits the following:
A Positive thinker
A good study partner
A good shopper
Trustworthy - keep what you say confidential and doesn’t spread gossip
3. Ask your girl to make a list of characteristics she’d like in a friend.
4. Ask your girl what characteristics from the list she that she possesses.
5. Do you see friendships that are “toxic” - hurtful and lack respect towards others? Why do you think a girl continues the friendship?
Verses to consider when talking about friendship:
John 15:12-15; Luke 6:31; Proverbs 17:17; Proverbs 13:20; Proverbs 18:25; Proverbs 22:24-25
To hear more from Kari:
Grab a copy of her book “Love Her Well”: https://amzn.to/3Cp4Eho
Podcast: Girl Mom Podcast: https://apple.co/3HxdQUE
Follow Robrenna on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/robrennaredl/
Image Credit: Getty/Lyudinka