Manage episode 263564789 series 1452209
Kris Crummett is a record producer and mastering engineer known for his amazing work in the metalcore, post hardcore, and rock scenes. He has worked with artists such as Dance Gavin Dance, Sleeping With Sirens, Issues, and many more. He also owns Interlace Audio, which is a fantastic studio located in Portland, Oregon. His productions are well known for having massive tones, while sounding polished and energetic.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN ABOUT:
- His secret weapon for getting toms to cut through a mix without sounding too boomy/muddy
- His step-by-step checklist for using automation to create energy in his mixes
- How he treats vocals to get them to sound super clear and up-front
- How to use track presets efficiently
- Balancing live drums vs samples
- His STL Tones ToneHub presets and the art behind making great amp sims
- Mastering your own tracks
To learn more about Kris Crummett, visit: http://www.interlaceaudio.com/
To learn more tips on how to improve your mixes, visit https://www.masteryourmix.com/
Download your FREE copy of the Ultimate Mixing Blueprint: https://www.masteryourmix.com/blueprint
Have your questions answered on the show. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for listening! Please leave a rating and review on iTunes!