Manage episode 250342139 series 1437854
Growing up gay, Christian, and the son of a church pastor in The South, author and podcast creator BT Harman knew how to suppress his own voice in order to fit in. Yet, at what costs? Anxiety, depression, and deep loneliness seemed to follow him at every turn.
We travel with BT as he mines the secret journals of his early life in order to share with the world the liberty of authenticity. His story is relevant to anyone from any background looking to declare freedom from shame and make this the year that they own their truth.
Mental Note Podcast is sponsored by Eating Recovery Center and Insight Behavioral Health Centers.You can reach a trained therapist to see if treatment is right for you by calling 877-411-9578.
Learn more about our storytellers, the music we use, and who we are at mentalnotepodcast.com. We’d also love it if you left us a review on iTunes!
Follow BT and discover his amazing stories:
- btharman.com - Get to know more about B.T.’s life as a speaker, storyteller, and consultant.
- Catlick.com - B.T.’s latest podcast is a historical true crime saga set in Atlanta in the early 1900s.
- bluebabiespink.com - B.T.’s original blog/podcast which has been called “the Netflix of blogs” for it’s addictive nature.
- the54321.com - B.T.’s semi-weekly newsletter designed for kickass millennials.
- IG & Twitter - @bt_harman
- FB - facebook.com/bt.harman.writes
- Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/in/bt-harman/