Manage episode 298540534 series 2539397
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL LEARN:
- 13:01 - Revelations Kevin saw when he worked at a mutual fund vs. investments one can do as an individual investor
- 19:05 - Lessons Kevin learned when he shorted Amazon
- 25:14 - How Kevin got involved with Tesla and his insights on this pick
- 36:25 - What emerging or frontier markets are and which countries they consist of
- 42:22 - Why home-country bias exists and what investors are potentially missing by focusing only on their domestic markets
- 52:18 - What the most important things to look out for when investing in foreign or international markets
- 57:56 - Where to start and how to get started as a new investor in foreign markets
- 61:54 - The catalyst that’s going to change the dynamics of investing and will have a material impact on the future returns of international markets
- 00:01:04:19 - How international investors combat against fraud and accounting standards
- 00:01:12:59 - What impact the pandemic has had on investing in the stock market, both domestically and internationally
- And much, much more!
*Disclaimer: Slight timestamp discrepancies may occur due to podcast platform differences.
- Get more FREE content from Robert
- Get a FREE audiobook from Audible
- Check out our Investing Starter Packs about business and finance
- Berkshire Hathaway Shareholder Letters
- Burton Malkiel's book A Random Walk Down Wall Street
- Fred Schwed’s book Where Are the Customers' Yachts?
- David Swensen’s book Pioneering Portfolio Management
- John Bogle’s book The Little Book of Common Sense Investing
- Joel Greenblatt’s book The Little Book That Still Beats the Market
- Benjamin Graham’s book The Intelligent Investor
- All of Robert’s favorite books
- Support our free podcast by supporting our sponsors
- Save with a credit union that helps you build financial confidence with Navy Federal Credit Union
- Start managing and scaling your rental properties without scaling costs with RentRedi. get RentRedi’s annual plan for only $54 when you use our special code ROB.
- Get access to thousands of titles across different formats and genres: from audiobooks, to popular and exclusive podcasts, to unique Audible Originals like the Words+Music series with AudiblePlus. Visit audible.com/mi or text mi to 500-500
- If you want to learn how to bootstrap or create a magnetic brand, then listen to Secret Leaders wherever you get your podcasts
- Put your best face forward with Cardon, the award-winning cactus-based skincare for men
- Access conference calls, investor presentations, transcripts and earnings reports as frictionless as possible with Quartr.
- Experience Manscaped’s new Lawnmower 4.0 - the ultimate trimmer that provides intelligent functionality and incredibly comfortable grooming experience! Get 20% OFF and free shipping with the code MI.
- Learn from people who are doing things doing things 100% with Marcus Lemonis. One Hundred Percent with Marcus Lemonis is available on Apple Podcasts, Amazon Music, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Read this episode’s transcript and full show notes on our website.