Join Larry Mantle weekdays for lively and in-depth discussions of Los Angeles and Southern California news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts and more. More AirTalk at www.kpcc.org.
Manage episode 287567823 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
- PSA / Rage from Andrew: No one wants to hear your music out in public, especially in peaceful settings.
- A couple of members of our panel have successfully signed up for vaccine appointments! Check your state's eligibility requirements or sign up for a waitlist here!
- President Biden gave a primetime speech marking the anniversary of when COVID got real in the United States. In it, he predicted Americans could gather in "small groups" to celebrate the 4th of July. Do we think we'll be ready?
- Andrew is already over all of this '1 year' talk - do we really want to mark the anniversary of a pandemic we're still living in?
- Though the momentum looks to be positive, progress is inconsistent from state to state. We compare and contrast the responses from our states, and discuss how isolating it feels to take the pandemic seriously when you live somewhere that isn't.
- Netflix is testing cracking down on accounts sharing passwords by limiting access to a specific household. We know, Netflix, times are rough and you've gotta find a way to make ends meet. 🙄
- Megan Thee Stallion, Taylor Swift, Beyonce, and HER had a great night at the 2021 Grammys, but Grammys viewership has continued to drop.
- Pam and Laura have a bone to pick about the Grammys doing Selena dirty!
- This week's recommendations should make you feel good: HiDrB.com to get on the vaccine waitlist (Andrew), Eloquii jeans (Laura), and Supergoop superscreen daily moisturizer (Pam).
- This week's episode is sponsored by Honey (https://www.joinhoney.com/MILL to join Honey FREE). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- It's a music nostalgia week in honor of the Grammys. But first, let's take an awards show fashion quiz and fail it miserably.
- We reminisce about the first CD or cassette tape we remember purchasing. Yes, we said cassette tape.
- Naturally, this leads us into a round of 90s nostalgia, and we wonder if kids today get as hype about McDonald's Happy Meals as we did?
- Do we have any musical phases we're embarrassed of now?