Join Larry Mantle weekdays for lively and in-depth discussions of Los Angeles and Southern California news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts and more. More AirTalk at www.kpcc.org.
11: Our Vaccination Reviews, 'Falcon and the Winter Soldier' and 'Justice League' Reviewed, Instagram For Kids
Manage episode 288127514 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
- We kick this week's show off with some good news - our panel is beginning to get vaccinated! Laura provides her review of the first Moderna shot mere hours after receiving it.
- Spring breakers are ruining March again. What about "global pandemic" do these beachgoers not understand?
- Pam got stitches (but don't worry, she's no snitch!).
- It's a big week for DCU and MCU fans: The Justice League (Snyder Cut) and Falcon and Winter Soldier have dropped on HBO Max and Disney+.
- Does the Snyder Cut have any business being 4 hours long? We'll leave that for the fans to decide.
- Our first impressions of Marvel's Falcon and Winter Soldier, spoiler free!
- An Instagram for kids could be coming to the app store, which prompts us to reflect on our own adolescent usage of the internet and social media.
- A horrific shooting in Atlanta has left 8 dead, and provided yet another example of the deadly intersection of gun violence and discrimination.
- We recommend the following resources to show your support for the Asian-American Pacific Islander community: StopAAPIhate.org and the Stop Asian Hate gofundme.
- Hawaii is considering charging hikers for their own search and rescue missions if they don't follow the rules. Is there a discernible difference between a genuine accident and someone just being stupid?
- Incoming Editor in Chief of Teen Vogue Alexi McCammond has stepped down after her racist tweets from high school surfaced. Where do we draw the line between giving people the chance to do better, and saying enough is enough?
- We've got some entertainment recs and a good adulting tip in this week's recommendations: the Oscar-nominated 'Nomadland' (Andrew), invest in a First Aid kit and keep it stocked up (Pam), and 'Bag Man' by Rachel Maddow and Michael Yarvitz (Laura).
- This week's episode is sponsored by Rothy's (https://www.rothys.com/mill for your new favorite flats) and Public (https://www.public.com/MILLENNIAL for a free slice of stock when you join). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- Where do life goals end, and career goals begin? How much overlap is there for us?
- What are our non-negotiables when considering a new job or project? What won't we compromise for our careers?
- Pam has a story about an attractive job offer that would have required her to give up other freelancing, and why she turned it down!