Join Larry Mantle weekdays for lively and in-depth discussions of Los Angeles and Southern California news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts and more. More AirTalk at www.kpcc.org.
Manage episode 290955509 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
- 2020's US Census data has been published, and they specifically noted that Andrew of #Millennial is responsible for Illinois losing a House seat. How rude!
- With confirmation that Captain America 4 is on the way, it's a perfect time for our thoughts on the conclusion of 'The Falcon and The Winter Soldier.'
- After a short pause, Johnson&Johnson's COVID-19 vaccine is now approved for use in the U.S. again. However, the U.S. may now have more vaccines than people willing to get them.
- Although the book industry did well during the pandemic, we may need to think more intentionally about supporting unknown authors.
- The 2021 Oscars served as another example of awards shows resonating less and less with general audiences. Our favorite moment was Daniel Kaluuya's acceptance speech for Best Supporting Actor for 'Judas and the Black Messiah.'
- This week's BAE guest Hayden is here to share some facts about recycling in honor of Earth Day!
- Today we learned that many plastics are not recyclable, and just how much of our recycling in the United States actually gets recycled.
- This week's recommendations will keep you entertained, and maybe even save you time and money! 'Song Machine, Season One' by The Gorillaz (Laura), 'Shadow and Bone' on Netflix (Pam), check for unclaimed funds your state may owe you (Andrew), and following @gocleanco on Instagram for all the cleaning tips and tricks!
- This week's episode is sponsored by Talkspace (https://www.talkspace.com and enter code MILL for $100 off your first month) and HelloFresh (https://www.hellofresh.com/mill12 and use code mill12 for 12 free meals, including shipping!). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- Friend of the show Sarah wants to know how we lived pre-social media. Insert lots of cringey memories about AIM away messages.
- What are our most commonly used social apps these days? We learn that the panel has had some shifts in social media use since the last time we checked in.
- Another friend of the show, Sara (no H!) wants to know what we think the future of mask wearing might be.