Join Larry Mantle weekdays for lively and in-depth discussions of Los Angeles and Southern California news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts and more. More AirTalk at www.kpcc.org.
Manage episode 291600399 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
- Andrew sat in a dark room with a giant glowing screen for the first time in over a year!
- A vaccine confessional reminds us that some people need to consult with their doctors before getting the COVID vaccine, and that's okay!
- Pam nearly dies for her art this Mother's Day.
- The Number: how many misleading claims has Biden made in his first 100 days compared to Trump's first 100 days?
- Florida's state legislature has passed new voting laws that mirror GOP efforts across the country to make it harder to vote. It's time to contact your representatives!
- Epic Games is taking Apple to court, arguing that Apple is running a monopoly in its App Store by forcing developers to use its App Store for payment processing and to distribute software.
- Because everything is a copy of something else, major social media platforms have begun implementing their own Clubhouse-like features. We try Discord's on today's show, and Andrew's BFF Jenn joins the show!
- How 'Citizen Kane' lost its groove on Rotten Tomatoes thanks to an unearthed negative review from 80 years ago.
- 5 arrests have been made in connection with Lady Gaga's stolen dogs, and Laura's theories are vindicated.
- We've got some fresh summer recommendations this week: 'New Pokemon Snap' (Andrew), using fresh fruit in your frozen summer beverages (Laura), 'Paddington' and 'Paddington 2' (Pam).
- This week's episode is sponsored by Stamps.com (https://www.stamps.com and enter promo code MILL for a 4-week FREE trial, plus free postage and a digital scale), Felix Gray (https://www.felixgrayglasses.com/MILL for free shipping, returns, and exchanges on the best blue light glasses on the market), and ThirdLove (https://www.thirdlove.com/MILLENNIAL for 20% off). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark:
- Listener Joe shares some feedback about how we shouldn't be too quick to judge people for using mobile devices at concerts or other events.
- The FDA has announced it will ban menthol cigarettes and other mass produced varieties of flavored cigars. How do we feel about the government banning certain goods and services?
- Four Loko is a perfect example of a product that still exists, but had to change the formula that catapulted it to success.