Join Larry Mantle weekdays for lively and in-depth discussions of Los Angeles and Southern California news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts and more. More AirTalk at www.kpcc.org.
18: Can Trump Run Without Social?, Why Disney+ is Moving Shows to Wednesdays, Americans on National Identity
Manage episode 292259757 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
- Can Andrew finish this week's show preview before the music stops?
- Laura recounts her first weekend of semi-normality post vaccination.
- Are we notable enough to be listed in the notable alumni lists for our high schools?
- Facebook's oversight board has upheld its ban on former President Trump... for the next 6 months. Do we think he'll ever be allowed back on Facebook?
- Can Trump run and win in 2024 without a presence on the major social media platforms?
- Pew Research Center (aka Laura's bae) found that views regarding national identity have become more inclusive in the west since 2016. In this game of 'The Number' we try to guess just how much more inclusive this has become in the U.S.
- The 2022 Golden Globe Awards will not air on NBC because the Hollywood Foreign Press Association came under fire for its lack of diversity and some questionable financial dealings.
- Disney+ will be bucking its pandemic tradition and releasing new episodes of its upcoming series 'Loki' on Wednesdays instead of Fridays. Will we watch on Wednesday nights?
- Twitter's new Tip Jar feature allows you to pay Twitter creators. Do we see ourselves using this frequently?
- This week's recommendations will help you unwind: a whiskey, port wine, soda, and lime twist beverage for an alcoholic cherry coke vibe (Laura), Canned Oxygen (Andrew), Trader Joes Cold Brew Popsicles (Pam)
- This week's episode is sponsored by OUAI (https://www.theouai.com and enter code MILL for 15% off your entire purchase), Public (https://www.public.com/MILLENNIAL to follow the hosts and get a free slice of stock when you join), and Honey (https://www.joinhoney.com/MILL to get Honey for FREE!). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors.
And in this week's installment of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- Andrew finds out he's been snubbed, and also shares a cringe story.
- Are we difficult people to get along with? Let's take this test to find out!
- In addition to our overall scores, which characteristic did we score highest on?
- Why every group needs a decisive extrovert, and how Andrew will forever be the leader on group outings.