Join Larry Mantle weekdays for lively and in-depth discussions of Los Angeles and Southern California news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts and more. More AirTalk at www.kpcc.org.
Manage episode 294467846 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
- HAPPY PRIDE FROM #MILLENNIAL!!!
- The brands are at it again - how do we know when a brand is sincere in their allyship?
- Former government employee Donald Trump has given up on his blog after realizing no one reads blogs anymore.
- Andrew needs a laugh, but Laura is doomsday prepping because she doesn't believe we've seen the end of Trumpism.
- How are we tipping now compared to pre-pandemic?
- We review Spotify's "Only You" roundup feature, and blend playlists with each other on air.
- It's a mailbag episode, where we spend some time with the emails we haven't been able to feature on air yet!
- What's the sweet spot between paying for quality news reporting and making said reporting as accessible as possible?
- A simple request: Tremain wants us to talk about the future of cremation, so we have fun with some morbidity.
- One listener is stuck between staying at a stable job they like, or accepting a contract position for a lot more money. What would we do?
- Someone just wants to see Andrew and Laura move: do we like dancing, and how "white" are our dancing skills?
- This week's recommendations are cool for the summer: Spotify's numerous Pride playlists and Orville Peck (Andrew), Mezcal (Laura), and Supergoop defense refresh setting mist (Pam).
- This week's show is sponsored by Felix Gray (https://www.felixgrayglasses.com/MILL for free shipping, returns, and exchanges), Honey (https://www.joinhoney.com/MILL), and ThirdLove (https://www.thirdlove.com/millennial). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark, available to all Patrons:
- Laura has a condo update, and it's a good one for once!
- Pam wants to know... What are some untold office rules? What's our funniest experience with a drunk person? What's our favorite cooking hack?
- How do we overcome recycling fatigue, given how hard it can be to do this very important thing?
- What are Pam's San Francisco recommendations?