Join Larry Mantle weekdays for lively and in-depth discussions of Los Angeles and Southern California news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts and more. More AirTalk at www.kpcc.org.
Manage episode 264783922 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
The Tik Tok Gods and Goddesses have decided it’s time to roast millennials. Let’s see how many generational stereotypes we can fulfill this episode!
- We welcome Marc back to the show, and he plugs a very important conversation we’ll be having next week about call-out culture.
- We gush about the Playstation 5 announcement, but wonder how much money we’ll be forking over to Sony this fall.
- We examine current polling in the Biden v. Trump Presidential race, and while the numbers look promising, let’s not get too confident.
- On Friday, the Trump administration revoked transgender and abortion healthcare protections, and on Monday the Supreme Court ruled that you can’t fire someone for being LGBT. Whiplash much?
- Inspired by this Vox article, we ask ourselves which quarantine routines do we think we’ll stick to once this is over?
- This week’s confessionals ask… is it okay to have a work crush when you’re in a monogamous relationship? And what to do if you have a crush on your straight best friend?
- Our BAE supporters want to know… how we see the future of podcasting, what long-term quarantine projects we have (and haven’t) completed, and how working from home has adjusted our home layout needs.
- This week’s recommendations are quarantine friendly! Vegan walnut taco meat (Laura), Joe Hill's ‘Locke and Key’ (Marc), and ‘Dating Around’ season 2 (Andrew).
- This week’s episode is sponsored by Issuu (https://www.issuu.info/MILL to sign up for FREE today) and Talkspace (https://www.talkspace.com and enter promo code MILL to get $100 off your first month). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week’s installment of After Dark:
- Laura and Marc share the latest in their home repair drama after a major leak drove them out of their home for months.
- According to Pew, the oldest millennials are turning 39 this year. As we pass the torch of being the cool, young, hip generation over to Gen Z, how prepared are we for middle age?
- As Laura considers donating her eggs to pay off student loans, Andrew and Marc discover that they’ve been wasting a perfectly good money-making opportunity their entire lives.