Join Larry Mantle weekdays for lively and in-depth discussions of Los Angeles and Southern California news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts and more. More AirTalk at www.kpcc.org.
Manage episode 295126591 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
- Warning: The age of the Millennial Lifestyle Subsidy is over.
- Will we continue using Uber, Airbnb, and other convenience apps now that rates are going up?
- In some good news, the G7 nations have pledged to donate over 1 billion COVID-19 vaccine doses for the rest of the world.
- Ellie Kemper of "The Office" and "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" fame is the latest celebrity to get dragged on Twitter based on incomplete information.
- Starbucks is bringing back its reusable cup programs! Are we getting back into leading a less wasteful life?
- SCOTUS has agreed to review a restrictive Mississippi abortion law, which could diminish or outright overturn Roe v. Wade.
- Florida will no longer allow schools to teach Critical Race Theory... but were they ever teaching it in the first place?
- Nevada is planning to jump the line and become the first state in the U.S. to hold its Presidential primaries. Iowa and New Hampshire have been SNUBBED!
- Need some new entertainment? This week's recommendations have got you: Pocket Casts (Andrew), 'Are You Scared?' (Laura), and Lorde's 'Solar Power' (Pam).
- This week's episode is sponsored by HelloFresh (https://www.hellofresh.com/mill12 and use code mill12 for 12 free meals, including free shipping!), Stamps.com (https://www.stamps.com and enter code MILL for a 4-week trial, a digital scale, and FREE postage), and Felix Gray (https://www.felixgrayglasses.com/MILL for free shipping, returns, and exchanges). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- How knowledgable are we on the topic of cybersecurity? Let's take this quiz from Pew Research to find out!
- In a mini edition of THE NUMBER we learn which cybersecurity topics are the most commonly grasped, and the most elusive.
- Have we ever been the victims of a cyber attack?