Join Larry Mantle weekdays for lively and in-depth discussions of Los Angeles and Southern California news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts and more. More AirTalk at www.kpcc.org.
Manage episode 296856137 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
- Do you believe in aliens? Some mystery objects still defy explanation, and we wonder if aliens would actually care about what we're doing on Earth.
- Has anyone in the International Olympic Committee ever smoked weed? 'Cause if they had, they'd know cannabis is not a performance enhancing drug...
- Is Steven Spielberg a hypocrite, or has he had an evolution of thought? After creating a public perception of trying to shut streaming content out of the Oscars, Spielberg's Amblin Entertainment has signed a deal with Netflix.
- Some black creators are on strike over at TikTok, a reminder that credit for many creators is due.
- We have an update on the criminal charges filed against the Trump Organization. Will they get Trump? Probably not. Will we ever stop hearing about Trump? Also probably not.
- LA's City Counsel is cracking down on homeless encampments in a "compassionate approach" get people off the streets. What do we make of the move?
- BAE Supporter Tiara joins us to talk fashion, women's sizing, and promoting size inclusivity. Check her out on TikTok and Instagram!
- We've got plenty of recs this week to keep you busy: Silk's Oat Yeah! oat milk (Andrew), NPR Throughline's series on Capitalism (Laura), Dissect: Key Notes (Pam), and Fuller Figure Fuller Bust on Instagram (Tiara).
And in this week's installment of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- What would you do if you won $1 million in one of the vaccination giveaways happening in the U.S.?
- Is it fair to say most millennials' dream is basic stability?
- Why property values are making the panel nervous.