Join Larry Mantle weekdays for lively and in-depth discussions of Los Angeles and Southern California news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts and more. More AirTalk at www.kpcc.org.
Manage episode 297475640 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
- We check in on the Great Billionaire Race to Space and discuss the implications of rich douches not paying taxes and funding space travel for themselves. Yay capitalism!
- Laura's rage of the week: some who adopted pets during the pandemic are returning them to shelters.
- Pam was finally able to resume her morning movie theater routine, and gives a brief, spoiler free review of Black Widow.
- Kevin Feige recently revealed that Marvel Studios won't be locking its stars into multi-movie contracts anymore. Do we think the Marvel brand is big enough to get butts in seats without recurring appearances from big Hollywood names?
- A reminder from the #Millennial Facebook group: hobbies don't always need to be side hustles! We discuss the pressure that often comes with being good at something.
- With the end of COVID-related student loan relief fast approaching, we do a check-in on the state of the student loan forgiveness conversation. Do we think the loan forgiveness can will be kicked down the road again?
- Japan has placed Tokyo under a state of emergency to coincide with the Olympic games.
- This week's recommendations will keep you taken care of! Making sure to keep Benadryl handy in case of an emergency (Laura), Nutpods Creamer (Pam), and stick-on blind spot mirrors for your car (Andrew).
- This week's episode is sponsored by ThirdLove (https://www.thirdlove.com/millennial for 20% off your first purchase), Stamps.com (https://www.stamps.com and enter promo code MILL for a 4-week trial, free postage, and a digital scale), and Felix Gray (https://www.felixgrayglasses.com/MILL for the best blue light glasses on the market). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark, on our Patreon:
- Iceland tested out a 4-day work week, and it was an overwhelming success!
- What would we do with the extra time if our work week was cut down to 35 hours?
- Pam might use that time to rebrand herself on social, #Millennial might even join TikTok!