Join Larry Mantle weekdays for lively and in-depth discussions of Los Angeles and Southern California news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts and more. More AirTalk at www.kpcc.org.
Manage episode 267318721 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
Corona, and Karens, and TikTok, oh my! It's a mixed bag on this week's episode, but the same old real talk.
- Between Pam losing power, RBG being in the hospital (again), and another tragedy for the cast of Glee, this week is definitely living up to the 2020 standard.
- While the $600 weekly unemployment stimulus is ending soon, the Trump administration wants to replace it with things that help rich people, like capital gains tax holidays.
- We're "screaming inside our hearts" about Florida's earth-shattering record for new daily cases of the 'rona.
- SCOTUS continues to stick it to President Fucknugget, and Betsy DeVos wants to send our nation's children back to school this fall. Would we send our own children? Who is hardest impacted by this push?
- With the U.S. potentially banning our favorite timesuck, TikTok, we dive into accusations against the popular app that it is putting our private information in the hands of the Chinese government.
- Are we more concerned about TikTok than we are about Facebook? Should we be?
- In listener feedback, we receive a Confessional reminding us that one listener predicted Andrew would hate Chicago and the best possible outcome of being laid off.
- NEW GAME: Karen 1-5. We perform dramatic readings of posts by "Karens" in our communities.
- In this week's recommendations: Ready Player One (Andrew), requesting your absentee ballot for your local run-offs (Laura), and 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' (Pam).
- This week's episode is sponsored by Talkspace (https://www.talkspace.com and use promo code MILL for $100 off your first month), Raycon (https://www.buyraycon.com/mill to get 15% off Raycon wireless earbuds), and Anastasia Beverly Hills (https://www.anastasiabeverlyhills.com/mill to get 15% off your first order). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark:
- Surprise Bitch! victim Dylan learns a dark secret about high school courtesy of Andrew.
- We dive down the rabbit hole of curses and conspiracy theories. Do we believe in this stuff?
- Patrons chime in through Discord to share their families' beliefs, and we cover a number of prominent curse/conspiracy theories, such as the Kennedys, Glee, and the 27 club.