Join Larry Mantle weekdays for lively and in-depth discussions of Los Angeles and Southern California news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts and more. More AirTalk at www.kpcc.org.
Manage episode 273830707 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
The powers of science and karma combined last week to make Andrew think (maybe) there is a God. The toddler in chief has the 'rona, and we're here for some real talk on what this means for the country and our upcoming election.
- The timeline here is insane: from a Tuesday night debate to a Wednesday night COVID positive announcement.
- The 11 confirmed cases so far seem to have one gathering in common: The Amy Coney Barrett announcement event in the Rose Garden.
- Inconsistency and petulance took up residence at Walter Reed military hospital for 3 days, after which Bunker Bitch checked himself out and is feeling better than *GASP* ever.
- He is knowingly putting his staff, Secret Service detail, and followers in danger by returning to the campaign trail as if he never tested positive.
- Laura thinks the Trump campaign's approach for the rest of the campaign will be to go full North Korean "dear leader is invincible."
- How do we think Biden should handle the October 15th debate?
- Is it okay to feel vindicated by Trump catching the virus he's been downplaying all year? (Yes.)
- Andrew is texting for the Biden campaign, and wants you to join him! To volunteer to phone bank or text, click here!
- Is it pedantic for social platforms not to have a way to dismiss the voting reminders?
- Hollywood's going all in on pandemic themed projects, prompting the question... do we really need pandemic shows while we're still living in a pandemic?
- We've got some WTF news to help you (and us) unwind from this long ass week.
- This week's recommendations will have you safe and content for the fall: Overtone + getting your flu shot at Costco for $20 if you're underinsured (Laura), refreshing your space with some new decor before the colder weather sinks in (Andrew), and Sohla El-Waylly's new show Stump Sohla (Pam).
- This week's episode is sponsored by Talkspace (https://www.talkspace.com and enter code MILL for $100 off your first month) and Framebridge (https://www.framebridge.com and enter code MILLENNIAL for 15% off your first order). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark:
- Pam introduces us to the idea of toxic positivity, or the tendency to portray oneself as happy no matter what. Take the quiz to see how toxic positivity plays a role in your life.
- As a culture, do we breed toxic positivity by undervaluing the importance of mental health?
- Workplaces can be a breeding ground for toxic positivity: how to just say it and avoid giving your colleagues "the shit sandwich."