Join Larry Mantle weekdays for lively and in-depth discussions of Los Angeles and Southern California news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts and more. More AirTalk at www.kpcc.org.
Manage episode 277836850 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
As we slowly transition away from needing to worry about what the President is tweeting every day, we've got a mixed bag of stories for you this week!
- Our "Greetings from 2020" shirts have begun hitting BAE Patrons' mailboxes, and they look great! Share a pic of your shirt on social using #Greetingsfrom2020.
- RIP Trump Voter Fraud hotline, we wished you'd lived to see another day of trolling. 😢
- Wonder Woman 1984 has Warner Bros. wondering how best to safely release a film that has already seen release delays due to covid.
- As we approach the holiday season, what to do about gift giving is on our minds. We want everyone to know it's TOTALLY OKAY to skip the presents this year.
- Andrew launches a new segment: Tragic Female Singer Contracts Updates™.
- Netflix is currently testing its new "Direct" feature in France, which would give customers the ability to view Netflix's library in a traditional, cable channel-like format.
- We're retiring Trumpster Fire 2020 and replacing it with JOEMENTUM 2021. Cue triumphant new music soundbed.
- Contrary to the fantasy going on in Donald Trump's head, Joe Biden still beat him in both the popular vote and the Electoral College.
- Arizona and Georgia showed up to the party late, but they can stay!
- Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger has been receiving pressure from prominent Republicans to... cheat the Georgia recount.
- An Aussie listener is perplexed by the amount of infighting in the United States, but we just can't be cordial with white supremacists.
- In this week's Rona Roundup, we ask if we might be... "rounding the rona?" Dr. Fauci thinks widespread access to the vaccine is possible by April 2021, which means by summer we can (maybe) all touch each other again!
- There's no common thread between this week's recommendations, so just humor us: DeleteMe (Andrew), 'The Crown' season 4 (Laura), and coffee mug warmers (Pam).
- This week's episode is sponsored by Hempbombs (https://www.hempbombs.com/rewards to join their rewards program and enter code MILLRADIO for 30% off at checkout) and Cratejoy (https://www.cratejoy.com/mill to get 30% off your first box and early access to all of Cratejoy's holiday specials). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark:
- "It rubs the sanitizer on its skin or else it gets phase 1 again." Are we preparing for more lockdowns?
- Because the US is... the way it is, depending on where you live in the country, you may or may not see another lockdown.
- What did we learn from earlier this year that might make hunkering down a little easier this time?
- Is it a relatively safe option to book an Airbnb for a weekend change of scenery?