Join Larry Mantle weekdays for lively and in-depth discussions of Los Angeles and Southern California news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts and more. More AirTalk at www.kpcc.org.
Manage episode 279570083 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
We're back and over the turkey hangover, and boy, has a lot happened while we've been off!
- Andrew makes his case for why sharing a Spotify account is a bad idea.
- For once, they can't blame millennials for killing an industry: Warner Bros. has announced all of its 2021 releases will debut on HBO Max to coincide with their theatrical release dates.
- Elliot Page announced that he is trans in a heartfelt letter shared on his social media. We're so proud of and happy for Elliot!
- Pam and Laura give their spoiler-free take on Netflix's Selena: The Series as lifelong fans of the late Tejana star.
- In Joementum 2021 and sad Trump attempts to steal the election, more bad news for the Trumpster: Attorney General Bill Barr says there's no evidence to overturn the result of the election, AND he's considering stepping down soon. Sad!
- Georgia, you can request your absentee ballot here, and early voting for the Senate runoff begins on December 14th! History has its eye on us, so let's flip this bish!
- Rudy Giuliani picked up a drunk Karen when he realized they needed a start witness at a Michigan oversight hearing, and somewhere along the way also picked up Miss Rona.
- We find out where we might find ourselves in line for the vaccine, which several states are beginning to roll out in mid-December.
- Letitia Wright deleted her social media after sharing a video containing misinformation about COVID-19, as well as transphobic and climate denier viewpoints. Was she really "using her brain?"
- The Number is back, and it's another Pew Research edition! What percentages of U.S. Americans would get the coronavirus vaccine if it were available today?
- $200 sex toys - a responsible investment?
- Do we feel old yet? What businesses do we remember from our youth that are no more?
- This week's BAE guest Kailey joins us to talk side hustles and the ever-elusive work/life balance!
- Need to unwind or get some retail therapy? We've got you with this week's recommendations: 'Bad Moms Christmas' (Andrew), Floor & Decor (Laura), Sephora's perfume sampler (Pam), and Created By Megan Elaine on Etsy (Kailey).
- This week's episode is sponsored by Hempbombs (https://www.hempbombs.com/rewards and enter promo code MILLRADIO for 30% off), Cratejoy (https://www.cratejoy.com/mill for 30% off your first box and shop Cratejoy's holiday specials), and Framebridge (https://www.framebridge.com and enter promo code MILLENNIAL for 15% off your first order). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark, available on our Patreon:
- Here comes the Thanksgiving drama: divorced parents and a family member struggling with acceptance.
- A scientist has told us Airbnbs are relatively low risk, so we're packing our bags!
- A discussion on impactful pop culture moments takes us down memory lane. Who still has all their beanie babies?!
- Anyone still laughing at those teachers who wouldn't let us research school projects using the internet? Look who's laughing now, Mrs. Roberts!