Join Larry Mantle weekdays for lively and in-depth discussions of Los Angeles and Southern California news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts and more. More AirTalk at www.kpcc.org.
Manage episode 282133966 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
We're back! 2021 is already a wash, so we'll see you next year. Kidding... kind of.
- Over the last couple of weeks, 2020 was put behind us, the internet fell in love with Bridgerton, Trump successfully found voter fraud (his own), Georgia got the redemption arc it deserves, and we came close to a coup. #America
- Laura finally listened to Folklore and Evermore, Pam finally met her niece, and Andrew heard some of the latest MAGA conspiracy theories.
- A Confessional writer asks if they should care that they burned bridges with their friend's racist husband. NOPE.
- We revisit the attack by white supremacist terrorists on our nation's Capitol in light of new details. To hear our initial reactions when the story was breaking, click here.
- As if the scene wasn't horrifying enough, recent details indicate that the Capitol was intentionally under-protected, and some members of law enforcement participated in the attack.
- How should the Biden administration and 117th Congress respond to this act of domestic terror?
- For the "facts don't care about your feelings" crowd: the 1st amendment doesn't protect you from Twitter showing you the door. Byeeeeee!
- 1C? 2A? 1DK? Where are we in line for the vaccine?
- A Lucasfilm exec mocked a Star Wars fan's emotional reaction to the season 2 finale of The Mandalorian. In other news, why does this guy work for LucasFilm?
- Everything is fake: some of those fancy book collections you've seen in people's at-home set ups are professionally curated to give the appearance of snobbish intellectualism.
- How much is your favorite comfort TV show worth to you? Some are spending hundreds a year to keep watching The Office on Peacock.
- This week's recommendations will keep you entertained while you isolate at home from the pandemic and the cult of Trump: Celebrity Wheel of Fortune (Andrew), Supermassive Games' 'Little Hope' (Laura), and Disney's 'Soul' (Pam).
- This week's show is sponsored by LoveBook (https://www.lovebookonline.com/MILL for 20% off), ThirdLove (https://www.thirdlove.com/MILLENNIAL for 20% off your first purchase), and Rothy's (https://www.rothys.com/mill for your new favorite shoes and handbags). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- Surprise Bitch! victim Elise fills us in on what it's like to explain to Gen Zers that podcasts were not cool with the youngs back in the day.
- Speaking of Gen Z, let's be those old people who have fun with TikTok trends:
- What is a video that lives in our heads rent free?
- What is a piece of information it feels illegal to know?
- Where are our high school bullies now?
- ...and more!