Join Larry Mantle weekdays for lively and in-depth discussions of Los Angeles and Southern California news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts and more. More AirTalk at www.kpcc.org.
Manage episode 285130404 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
A polar vortex has struck the southern United States and skinny jeans are out.
- The gang reacts to the fashion trends Gen Z says make us "old." 😂
- Pam is thankful to all the fast food joints for reminding her it's almost Lent with their fish alternatives.
- We ask our Discord community: what is something you've done that you recommend everyone add to their bucket list? (Thanks Idea Guy!)
- The perks of traveling and exploring alone. Ahhhhh...
- Be sure to check out our latest BREAKING NEWS installment for our immediate reactions to the impeachment trial acquittal over the weekend.
- What is the future of the Republican party? Will they split, or fall into line?
- A Utah school told parents they could opt their kids out of their Black History Month curriculum, prompting us to examine our own schooling experiences on this topic.
- Vaccine tourism is ramping up with tens of thousands crossing state lines to get the COVID-19 vaccine. Would we do the same?
- This week in canceled: Joss Whedon and Gina Carano being held accountable for their patterns of toxic behavior.
- Taylor Swift is kicking off her massive re-recording project with "Taylor's Version" of 'Fearless!'
- We've got a little bit of everything for this week's recommendations: 'Barb and Star Go to Vista del Mar' (Andrew), The Last of Us's 'Left Behind' downloadable content (Laura), and Rodgers & Hammerstein's 'Cinderella' on Disney+ (Pam).
- This week's episode is sponsored by Honey -- our only sponsor who will always SAVE you money! Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors!
And in this week's installment of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- What's the worst piece of advice you've ever gotten? We've got some doozies!
- "Accept less money or your husband will feel emasculated" excuse me wut?
- Pam and Laura remember all the times a well-meaning adult told them boys were mean to them because of a crush.
- How poor self-esteem can translate to some pretty terrible advice giving.
- A "gay" handshake. Wtf?