Join Larry Mantle weekdays for lively and in-depth discussions of Los Angeles and Southern California news, politics, science, entertainment, the arts and more. More AirTalk at www.kpcc.org.
Manage episode 286385487 series 1770889
By mugglecast, Andrew Sims, Laura Tee, and Pamela Gocobachi. Discovered by Player FM and our community — copyright is owned by the publisher, not Player FM, and audio is streamed directly from their servers. Hit the Subscribe button to track updates in Player FM, or paste the feed URL into other podcast apps.
This week we discovered each of us has a catch-phrase?! Listen to find out what they are!
- Is tipping culture out of control? How do we handle situations where it's unclear whether tipping is appropriate? Andrew shares a recent story.
- With Johnson & Johnson's vaccine receiving emergency FDA approval, conversations abound about vaccine preferences. Do we have one?
- Andrew considers a pilgrimage to Gila County, Arizona for a shot at the vaccine.
- San Diego Comic Con has already canceled its in-person July convention, but will host an in-person event in November. Will we be over the trauma of mandated isolation by then?
- Laura issues a Cuomo correction, but Gov. Cuomo is still in some shit.
- A Georgia Tale: Battleground State, Voter Suppression Fuckery.
- We detail how Georgia Republicans have been for expanding easy access to voting, until they decided they didn't like the way people were voting.
- A new Equality Act has passed the U.S. House of Representatives, and would enshrine nondiscrimination practices into law for sexual orientation and gender identity (no one tell #jkr).
- United States Postal Service vehicles are getting an upgrade, prompting many to wonder: are they derpy or cute?
- Paramount+ has unveiled its upcoming slate of programs... and they. are. all. revivals. or. spinoffs.
- Pam reminds us that progress can be frustratingly slow in light of the 2021 Golden Globes.
- Lady Gaga's dog walker might need a raise after being shot when defending her pups from a dog napper. Do we think the thief knew they were Gaga's dogs?
- We're all over the board with this week's recommendations: Toaster oven air fryers (Andrew), HBO's 'Allen v Farrow' (Laura), and 'Ma Rainey's Black Bottom' (Pam).
- This week's episode is sponsored by ThirdLove (https://www.thirdlove.com/MILLENNIAL for 20% off your first purchase), Rothy's (https://www.rothys.com/mill for your new favorite flats), and Talkspace (https://www.talkspace.com and enter code MILL for $100 off your first month). Support #Millennial by supporting our sponsors.
And in this week's installment of After Dark, available on Patreon:
- Surprise Bitch! victim and epidemiologist Elizabeth graciously answers our most burning questions about the COVID-19 vaccines.
- Pam wants this group of friends to learn more about each other, and she's ready with questions!
- What did we imagine being 30+ years old would be like? Could we even picture it?
- What's our code behind having (or not having) tattoos?
- ...and more!