1596: The Truth About Using Fat Burners & Shakes to Lose Fat, How a Calorie Deficit Affects Recovery, Prioritizing Macros Vs. Calories When Reverse Dieting & More
Manage episode 297423014 series 1542769
In this episode of Quah (Q & A), Sal, Adam & Justin answer Pump Head questions about shakes and fat burners to shed weight, whether macros or calories should be the priority when reverse dieting, if training fasted makes you stronger in your workouts, and the amount of muscle soreness and recovery time you can expect if you’re in a calorie deficit.
- Another incredible aspect of resistance training. (4:07)
- How the Ned Mello has been a game-changer for the guy's sleep. (15:07)
- The ultra-sensitivity of children at a young age. (18:59)
- How much is the “right” dose of caffeine? (32:50)
- TikTok creating yet another way to bring in top talent. (37:14)
- Norway to criminalize photoshopping. (40:43)
- Do you trust the media? (44:02)
- The troubling effect of technology and social media on your child’s posture. (46:13)
- #Quah question #1 – What's your view on shakes and fat burners to shed weight? (50:40)
- #Quah question #2 – When reverse dieting, should macros or calories be the priority? (54:34)
- #Quah question #3 – Does training fasted make you stronger in your workouts? (58:13)
- #Quah question #4 – If you’re in a calorie deficit, do you expect to experience more muscle soreness and a longer recovery time? If so, should you reduce intensity and volume or increase calories for a couple of weeks? (1:02:03)
Related Links/Products Mentioned
- July Promotion: MAPS HIIT and the No BS 6-Pack Formula 50% off! **Promo code “JULYSPECIAL” at checkout**
- Visit NED for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners!
- Visit Legion Athletics for the exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners! **Code “mindpump” at checkout**
- TikTok tests a Cameo-like option that lets users pay for custom creator videos
- 'Norway's law on editing photos is a positive step - but where do we draw the line?'
- US ranks last among 46 countries in trust in media, Reuters Institute report finds
- Resistance Training-Induced Elevations in Muscular Strength in Trained Men Are Maintained After 2 Weeks of Detraining and Not Differentially Affected by Whey Protein Supplementation - PubMed
- Visit Brain.fm for an exclusive offer for Mind Pump listeners.
- MAPS Macro Calculator
- Reverse Dieting: What Is It and Should YOU Try It?? | MIND PUMP
- Sore muscles…what does it mean? - Mind Pump Blog
- Mind Pump Podcast – YouTube
- Mind Pump Free Resources