Manage episode 308040497 series 2819199
Katie Peuvrelle is a masterful high-performance coach based in San Jose, California, who works with executives and emerging leaders in big-name companies, as well as, with many startups’ founders, and VCs who are out there leaving their dent in the world. She also loves to work with athletes, from amateurs to Olympians, and professionals who want to take their game to the next level.
She is the author of "Leap: Own Your Excellence and Engage Your Best Self in Business, Sports, the Arts, and Life."The starting point
In this episode, we focus on mindsets as a belief system or philosophy. We spoke about the growth mindset as defined by Carol Dweck. Katie explains how she transcends the dichotomy between setting the mind and growing, between mindset (a mind that is set on a certain belief system or philosophy) and growth, development, and evolution. She gives examples of how we can have a certain mindset for a while, and how we can evolve our beliefs and philosophy, then stay there for a while, and learn some more, and go into the next level of mindset. Katie stressed that underlining all this growth is a collection of principles or set of philosophies that are driven by our internal values, what's important to us, in whatever we are doing in the world, being and performing.
We also explore why she used the title LEAP in her book, and how her own experiences as an ice skater informed her approaches. Katie provides examples of how people learned and grew from the experiences of the COVID19 pandemic; the importance of strengthening the capacity to recover from falling and failures; and how entrepreneurs, start-up founders leap and lead into the unknown to brave new possibilities.
“Listen to the still quiet voice in our mind.” - Katie PeuvrelleThis Week on The Mindset Zone:
- What is a mindset? How to define mindset as a belief system or philosophy.
- The dichotomy between mindset and growth, and how to overcome it.
- How to uplevel our mindsets in whatever were are being, doing, and performing in the world.
- A space for exploration, rediscovering, and reimagining.
- Different types of leaps, and jumps we can do in our own mindsets.
- Multidimensional leadership in the post-COVID world.
- The concentric spheres model, as an alternative to the top-down or bottom-up linear models.
- How to cultivate our intuition.
- Connection with the body.
Connect with Katie:
Related Mindset Zone episodes:
- Growth Mindset – Yes, We Can Learn It
- The Power of YET – A Growth Mindset Secret
- The Other Side of Mindset Limitations
Subscribe to the show and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts:
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help me reach more people like you, and don’t forget to connect with me: