Manage episode 306764267 series 2492143
Valery Vermeulen is a Belgian mathematician, lecturer, data analyst, and electronic musician. His new album, Mikromedas, was made using data from black holes.
Valery and I had a great conversation about his new album and finding creative ways to create music. We spend some time discussing the nature of the universe and black holes, and it all relates back to making music. This is a deep and sometimes dense conversation that left me feeling fascinated and inspired.
Show Notes:Valery Vermeulen Website and Socials:
- https://www.instagram.com/valeryvermeulen.studio/ : Instagram
- https://www.facebook.com/valeryvermeulen.studio : artist FB page
- https://www.valeryvermeulen.net/works/mikromedas/ : webpage Mikromedas project
- https://ashinternational.bandcamp.com/album/mikromedas-ads-cft-001 : bandcamp page for pre order/order album Mikromedas AdS/CFT 001
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSSBuKF5_Dk : preview of album Mikromedas AdS/CFT 001 and the AV live show
- https://www.facebook.com/centermcs : FB page of Center-MCS, the organization under which Valery gives various online workshops and masterclasses on sound synthesis, sound design and electronic music production
- https://www.valeryvermeulen.net/center-mcs/ : webpage of Center-MCS
- https://www.valeryvermeulen.net/works/emo-synth/ : EMO-Synth project on music, AI and biofeedback
- https://www.valeryvermeulen.net/works/krystalball/ : Krystal Ball project on using mathematical models from Wall Street to produce electronic music
Valery would like to credit:The scientific aspect of Mikromedas AdS/CFT 001 was realized in collaboration with several academic partners including the Department of Physics and Astronomy of Alabama University (US), the Alabama Holography Research Group (US), the Institute for Theoretical Physics of KU Leuven (BE), the Centre for Mathematical Plasma Astrophysics of KULeuven (BE), the Department of Mathematics of the University of Antwerp (BE), quantum cosmologist Prof. Dr. Thomas Hertog, Prof. Dr. Matthias Kaminski, Dr. Casey Cartwright, Dr. Ileyk El Mellah, Dr. Bart Ripperda, Dr. Fabio Bacchini and Prof. Dr. David Eelbode. The realization of Mikromedas AdS/CFT 001 was made possible via a co-production with Concertgebouw Brugge (BE) and Baltan Laboratories (NL). References with respect to data used for the realisation of the Mikromedas AdS/CFT 001: https://arxiv.org/abs/1610.00986 Montreal White Dwarf Data base https://arxiv.org/abs/1904.04831 SXS Gravitational Waveform Database https://arxiv.org/abs/1904.11507 Cartwright, C., Kaminski, M. Correlations far from equilibrium in charged strongly coupled fluids subjected to a strong magnetic field. J. High Energ. Phys. 2019, 72 (2019)
Brian Funk Links:
- Website - https://brianfunk.com
- Music Production Club - https://brianfunk.com/mpc
- Music Production Podcast - https://brianfunk.com/podcast
- Save 25% on Ableton Live Packs at my store with the code: PODCAST - https://brianfunk.com/store
Thank you for listening.
Please review the Music Production Podcast on your favorite podcast provider!
And don’t forget to visit my site https://BrianFunk.com for music production tutorials, videos, and sound packs.