Manage episode 303465576 series 2548046
What life skills does your child need to thrive? There’s a lot of learning happening in schools that goes beyond academics. Karen Van Ausdal joined our hosts to talk about Social and Emotional Learning. She shares what Social and Emotional Learning looks like, why it’s important and how families can support.
- Explore CASEL’s helpful tools including the SEL Roadmap, the CASEL Guide to Schoolwide SEL and the SEL Discussion Series for Parents and Caregivers (also available in Spanish)
- Don’t miss CASEL’s videos, What is SEL and Schoolwide SEL: Authentic Family Partnerships
- Follow CASEL on social media @CASELOrg
- Read “Teaching Social and Emotional Skills at Home” in PTA’s Our Children online magazine
- Check out even more SEL resources at PTA.org/socialemotional