Manage episode 318186106 series 2763543
She is host of the Podcast “The Mindful Dietitian” and a Sports Dietitian, consulting at The Australian Ballet School and national sporting organisations. Fiona also teaches across Masters Level Dietetic training programs at several different Universities in Melbourne specifically in Counselling Skills and Weight Inclusive Approaches in Dietetics.
Fiona is a mindfulness practitioner and Yoga Teacher, bringing a particular emphasis on embodiment, mindful eating, trauma-informed approaches and body image into her work and training. In today’s episode we dive deep into the autonomic nervous system.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Fiona became an expert in the eating disorder field and in body image healing and how the body, and more specifically the nervous system, responds to stress and trauma.
- What is the nervous system, and the different parts of the nervous system, including the autonomic nervous system.
- What happens to our autonomic nervous system when we experience stress and trauma.
- How our relationship with food can help or hinder how the nervous system functions.
- Actions we can all take to support our nervous system.
- How Fiona practices wellness without obsession.
- Get Your Period Back Playbook is currently open for pre-sale for our March enrollment, by joining before February 15th you can get a free customized meal plan to support your HA recovery.
- Food and Body Peace Playbook is also open for pre-sale for our April enrollment, if you join before March 11th you will get a FREE 60 minute session with me, that way you can have a personalized coaching session to help you better implement the strategies you’ll learn inside FBPP.
- We are currently booking for February and March for individual counseling at our virtual practice, NMN. If you’re looking for intuitive eating and body image support and/or you’re in need of anti-diet advice for HA, PCOS and IBS we would love to support you. We typically book 4+ weeks in advance so reach out today to guarantee your spot before the spring.
Resources for you:
- Learn more about our services at Nourishing Minds Nutrition. Read testimonials from our amazing clients here.
- Join our FREE support group for like-minded women, the Nourishing Women Community for more community & support.
- Take a look at our online shop, the Wellness Without Obsession Shop. Our next program enrollment periods will be March for Get Your Period Back Playbook, and April for Food & Body Peace Playbook.
Let’s hang out! Connect with Victoria and the staff at NMN:
- Victoria’s Instagram
- Victoria’s Website
- Nourishing Minds Nutrition Instagram
- Nourishing Minds Nutrition website
For every guest that comes on the show, we donate money to Loveland Foundation. The Loveland Foundation, is a foundation that provides therapy and healing to Black women and girls. We are honored to donate monthly to the Loveland Foundation, and you can learn more and donate yourself here.