Manage episode 304305111 series 2484441
Ben Greenfield chats with Jay Shetty about optimizing your body to be healthy. The enormous factors, including physical, emotional, and mental presence, hugely affect our fitness. It’s no longer just about going to the gym or doing a full body workout to stay fit and attain boundless energy. You are not crushing a healthy lifestyle if you’re only focusing on one aspect of yourself.
Ben is a human performance consultant, speaker, and New York Times bestselling author of 17 books, including the widely popular titles Beyond Training, Boundless, Fit Soul, Spiritual Disciplines Journal and the Boundless Cookbook. He is also the founder of Kion, a nutritional supplements company that combines time-honored superfoods with modern science to allow human beings to achieve peak performance, defy aging, and live an adventurous, fulfilling, joyful, and limitless life.
What We Discuss:
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:28 The last time we spent time together
- 08:27 This extreme love for water
- 14:26 The positive effects of sleep architecture
- 18:04 Your entire body is a light receptor machine
- 24:32 Take note of ambient noises and your safe place
- 31:19 Post-lunch siesta stimulates a 90-minute sleep cycle
- 33:43 Simulating your body safely with technology
- 42:02 Taking interest in physical sports
- 50:02 Deep longing for fulfillment
- 56:39 You cannot disentangle the body and the spirit
- 01:01:45 Businesses built on how many people can be served
- 01:05:04 Habit change is understanding why you’re doing something
- 01:10:40 Ben on Final Five
Like this show? Please leave us a review here - even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!