Manage episode 304122218 series 2484441
More people are now open to online dating where many have found a good partner and a lasting relationship. It seems that with the presence of these dating platforms, it’s easier to date people now.
Probably not. Dating remains a challenge not just for people in search of a partner but also for those who are already in a relationship. We often make a lot of mistakes, unconsciously and unintentionally, while we date which often lead to miscommunication and misunderstandings, or even breakups.
In this episode of On Purpose, Jay Shetty tells us about the common mistakes we make when dating and what we can do to avoid and rectify them so we can save our existing relationships.
Sama Tea is now available! Go to http://samatea.com/onpurpose to order a box of Sama now and get access to our free live monthly tea parties, be the first to try out new tea flavors and receive a free exclusive download that shows my personal routine and rituals.
- 00:00 Intro
- 03:34 We all make mistakes while dating
- 05:41 Mistake #1: We talk for too long and we meet too late
- 08:17 Mistake #2: We keep checking that one person who doesn’t message us back
- 11:15 Mistake #3: We give up too soon
- 15:01 Mistake #4: Being limited by our time
- 18:23 Mistake #5: We’re not present when we’re on a date with someone
- 20:49 Mistake #6: We let the negativity of online dating precipitate into all of our communication with others
- 22:43 Mistake #7: Not sharing your pain and priorities
- 24:06 Mistake #8: We try to use too many apps all at the same time
- even one sentence helps! Post a screenshot of you listening on Instagram & tag us so we can thank you personally!