Manage episode 298124971 series 1509445
Mike Julian has been a great friend and taught me a LOT over the past six years or so! Shortly after I kicked it off the Optimising Nutrition Facebook Group, Mike was making so many insightful contributions I asked him to become an admin. Back in the day, we had a very unique group of people who would share their research and insights - Tommy Wood, Robb Wolf, Raymund Edwards, Luis Villasenor and a cast of people who were eager to learn more about nutrition and metabolism. It made for a unique learning environment. It was a great hive mind of sharing of ideas.
We all learned a LOT and were able to see things in a fairly impartial manner. You may or may not have heard of Mike Julian. But I think of him as like the Illuminati pulling the strings behind many of the biggest names in nutrition including Robb Wolf, Ted Naiman, Ketogains & Craig Emmerich’s recent book Keto.
I have learned so much about how human metabolism really works, and how to improve it, from Mike who has been a pioneer in digesting the research, joining the dots and sharing it freely. In this chat, we discussed many of the key concepts in Big Fat Keto Lies, including:
- What are the biggest misunderstandings and misconceptions in nutrition and metabolism at the moment?
- Why is the Personal Fat Threshold central to our understanding of diabetes and metabolic health?
- What is ketosis? How does it work? What do you think is the biggest misunderstanding around ketosis?
- Do fat calories matter? Why is there so much confusion?
- How are blood glucose and blood lipids interrelated?
- What do people really need to know about lipidology?
- What are the limitations of high protein % or MORE protein? How do you know when you’ve had too much?
- What are your hopes for the future in the realm of nutrition and metabolism?
- Big Fat Keto Lies (Book)
- NutriBooster Recipe Books
- Data-Driven Fasting 30 Day Challenge
- Nutritional Optimisation Masterclass