IWC's CEO explains the Big Pilot 43 and other new releases, plus building the perfect watch collection with WatchBox
Manage episode 289888983 series 2721462
This week it's an IWC party, and the guest of honour is the brand's dynamic CEO, Chris Grainger-Herr. We chat to Chris about just we he shrunk the Big Pilot, the differences between the Big Pilot 43 and the Bigger Pilot, why they decided not to use the bigger 7-day movement in the Big Pilot 43, the future of the 46mm Big Pilot, and how IWC is riding the wave of the changing nature of luxury. But it's not just IWC who got an invite this week.
We also chat with WatchBox director Brian Govberg about building the perfect watch collection for $50K. Of course, we talk about what models he'd buy, but more importantly *why* he'd buy them.
This episode is brought to you by WatchBox, the world's leading platform for buying, selling and trading pre-owned luxury timepieces. And today we talked to Brian Govberg about building a $50k dream collection.
This is what Andy and Felix picked from WatchBox inventory:
- Rolex Day-Date in platinum
- A. Lange & Söhne Saxonia Thin
- Omega Speedmaster Tokyo 2020 Limited Edition
This is what Brian picked:
- Vacheron Constantin Overseas Deepstream (Gen 2)
- Rolex GMT-Master II 'Pepsi' on Jubilee
- Patek Philippe Calatrava 5196G
Build your own dream watch collection at thewatchbox.com today.
- Baltic Aquascaphe Dual Crown
- Jerry Seinfeld sells his 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
- IWC's new watches for 2021, including the Big Pilot 43
Submit an application to our quasi-professional watch matchmaking service, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org If you liked our podcast - please remember to like/share and subscribe.
If you liked our podcast - please remember to like/share and subscribe.