Manage episode 297903727 series 82325
We’ve heard it—and said it—over and over. When it comes to SEO and driving traffic to your website, content is everything. Right? Hold that thought. On today’s episode, Ralph Burns and Kasim Aslam sit down with Tyler Horsley, CEO and founder of Nuclear Networking, and he has a different take. Sure, he says, you still need words, but content doesn’t actually drive traffic; link building does. And he’s got the receipts from his leading SEO agency to back up his claims.
Tyler believes most people don’t understand what SEO truly is, so agencies give them tons of tangible content to keep them happy. But the content isn’t what’s really moving the needle, and Tyler is only interested in what gets results. He generously shares his profound knowledge of all things link-building on the show.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN:
- What one question to ask yourself before you hire an SEO agency
- The different link building types and which ones you really need
- What people keep doing that doesn’t actually help their Google rankings
- Which hosting platforms Tyler recommends and which ones to avoid
LINKS AND RESOURCES MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Nuclear Networking
- Screaming Frog
- WP Rocket (for image compression)
- Directory building
- Advanced Web Ranking
- WP Engine
Thanks so much for joining us this week. Want to subscribe to Perpetual Traffic? Have some feedback you’d like to share? Connect with us on iTunes and leave us a review!
iTunes not your thing? Find us on Stitcher.