Manage episode 306314325 series 2151759
Erkeda DeRouen talks to Rachel Cardona Barnett who is a survivor of domestic violence. Today Erkeda chats with Rachel about her family’s escape from abuse. She shares her insights on how healthcare workers can help vulnerable victims as someone who has been in their shoes before.
- [01:46] Rachel’s Family and Background
- [05:31] Rachel’s escape and current situation
- [12:23] Becoming an ally to your patients
- [15:57] Helpful hotlines and resources
- [21:23] How to help victims of abuse