Manage episode 267159286 series 1453382
Blake Mundell wanted to be a worship songwriter, but quickly became disillusioned and transitioned to pop music. He now writes and records songs under the name, COURIER. Blake is recording a new album and his new single, Conversion, releases July 17.
Also, Blake is a sports massage therapist and on the medical staff for the Tennessee Titans. He’s an instructor of ethics, anatomy, and physiology at Mind Body Institute and is happiest when on a beach volleyball court.
Blake lives with his partner, Tim, and dog, Jesse.
- How Blake identifies in relationships and religion
- How conversion therapy reates abusive and damaging sense of camaraderie
- COURIER: Concept artist humanizes people and writes about life experiences
- Words of Wisdom: Mess up, know it’s ok, but do what’s possible to not mess up
- White Tears: Identity comes from community; give up power, give up what binds
- Emotional Labor: Hard but necessary; white people need to become whole again
- Theological Walls: Barrier from experiencing empathy due to what God made you
Links and Resources:
Blake Mundell on InstagramBlake Mundell on Twitter COURIERPresent TenseWhite TearsMind Body InstituteTennessee TitansBridge to TerabithiaSueAnn ShiahWiccaColin KaepernickBad Theology Kills by Kevin GarciaQueerology, Ep 42 with SueAnn ShiahQueerology Podcast on InstagramQueerology Podcast on Twitter Beyond Shame by Matthias RobertsMatthias Roberts on Patreon
Until next week,