Manage episode 271430179 series 1453382
Emily Scott is a church planter and Lutheran pastor who believes Christian practice holds out rich possibilities that call us to reach across boundaries in love, learn through discomfort, and build relationships that bring God's realm close.
Emily, who identifies as queer and genderqueer, is committed to building communities of faith that dismantle fear and hate, affirm LGBTQ+ people, and confront racial injustice.
Currently, Emily serves as the founding pastor of Dreams and Visions, an imaginative spiritual community of restoration that is rooted in the LGBTQ+ community.
Also, Emily is the author of the recently published book, For All Who Hunger: Searching for Communion in a Shattered World.
- Identity and Faith: Formed and shaped by privileges and influence of whiteness
- Threads of Liberation: Bible stories make for constant coming out and emerging
- Church Culture: Progressive path to walk or follow scripts to shut off yourself
- Communion: Transcendent/transported expression of faith in God’s presence
- Dinner Church: Deep symbols of faith bring people together to feast upon
- Embedded Misogyny: Process and performance of being feminine or masculine
- What to Wear? Pants, skirts, or whatever feels right and comfortable, not painful
- Resurrection: Come back in a transformed state and leave behind past versions
Links and Resources:
Emily Scott’s Website For All Who Hunger: Searching for Communion in a Shattered World Dreams and Visions St. Lydia's Dinner Church Emily Scott on Instagram Emily Scott on Twitter Emily Scott on Facebook Kinsey Scale Queerology: Nadia Bolz-Weber is Trying Compassion Queerology Podcast on Instagram Queerology Podcast on Twitter Beyond Shame by Matthias Roberts Matthias Roberts on Patreon