Manage episode 293836400 series 1453382
Daniel Howell is known for his self-deprecating and sarcastic humor, but he has also spoken and written about his struggles with depression and sexuality. This mix of entertainment with the profound and deeply personal has given Daniel a devoted following of fans.
Daniel is one of the world’s most popular and celebrated entertainers. He has written and produced comedy videos on YouTube that have reached more than one-billion views and millions of followers.
Also, Daniel has two #1 New York Times best-selling books, The Amazing Book is Not on Fire and Dan and Phil Go Outside, two stage shows with sellout world tours, and an award-winning BBC Radio 1 show.
Daniel’s new book, You Will Get Through This Night: A Practical Mental Health Guide with consultation from Dr. Heather Bolton, is an affirmation and call to action. Daniel describes lessons learned in spite of failures, depression, and anxiety. Getting well was a completely unplanned journey.
- Faith and Identity: Agnostic Atheist - God probably doesn’t exist
- Be Happy: Christian or not, define your own meaning and purpose of life
- Daniel’s Depression: Understanding mental health and spectacular ignorance
- YouTube: Vulnerability led to first example of being treated positively by humanity
- Coming Out vs. Being Outed: Some kind of gay and that is okay
- Practical Tips: Be present, feel comfortable, practice gratitude, and get help
Links and Resources:
Daniel Howell You Will Get Through This Night: A Practical Mental Health Guide Daniel Howell’s YouTube Channel The Amazing Book is Not on Fire Dan and Phil Go Outside Dan and Phil Radio Show Masterclass: 4 Practices You Can Start Now to Move Beyond Shame Queerology Podcast on Instagram Queerology Podcast on Twitter Beyond Shame by Matthias Roberts Matthias Roberts on Patreon