Manage episode 294031840 series 1601405
Many churches of the past 50 years were able to keep the doors open with zero to minimal evangelistic intentionality. That is simply not the case today. Kevin and Thom examine five reasons why non-evangelistic churches will close.
- Cultural Christianity is almost dead. It is not a growth source for churches.
- The U.S. birthrate is its lowest ever.
- Without an outward focus, church members often become contentious and self-serving.
- A church without evangelism can be lacking in encouragement and motivation.
- Above all, a church without evangelism is a biblically disobedient church.
Revitalize & Replant is sponsored by the North American Mission Board and ChurchReplanters.com. More than 10% of churches in North America are at risk of closing and the North American Mission Board is committed to reversing this trend by decreasing the death rate of existing churches while simultaneously increasing the birth rate of new churches. To learn more about what it means to become a replanting pastor or to explore resources for replanting and revitalization in your own church, visit ChurchReplanters.com.
The post Why Your Church Will Close Its Doors without Evangelism appeared first on Church Answers.