Manage episode 303301355 series 2286887
What comes to mind when you think of prayer? In this episode, Patricia Taylor, Alissa Molina, and Lindsy Wallace interview co-host Kayla Craig about her upcoming book, To Light Their Way: A Collection of Prayers & Liturgies for Parents, and expanding our idea of prayer.
In this episode, we:
- Ask Kayla where her belief that prayer is real and powerful comes from, especially in light of how much prayer gets casually thrown around
- Consider how everything in our lives can be prayer
- Recount how a difficult experience led Kayla to examine what prayer meant to her and the transformation that happened in her understanding of prayer
- Discuss how she addresses tough and complex topics in a nuanced, inclusive way that makes space for all
- Ask what does persistence in prayer through our weariness and our wait look like
Join us as we talk about Kayla’s journey of putting together her book. We can’t recommend it enough to anyone with children in their lives: caregivers, educators, and so on.
News, Notes, and Links:
- Preorder a copy of To Light Their Way: A Collection of Prayers & Liturgies for Parents from Amazon or from Soul Book Nook, a Black-owned book store that’s local to Kayla and can ship anywhere.
- Can’t wait to get your hands on your copy? Here’s a special preview.
- Kayla has put together a collection of free gifts as a thank you to anyone who preorders the book before October 5. Get access to a printable collection of 12 breath prayer cards, a 5-day guided devotional for overwhelmed parents, and a downloadable art print for your home or office.
- Are you on Goodreads? Be sure to add Kayla’s book to your lists and leave a review.
- Follow Liturgies for Parents and Kayla on Instagram, and check out Kayla’s website here.
- We love Cole Arthur Riley’s prayers at Black Liturgies.
- Support more conversations like this on Upside Down Podcast! Please visit us, where you can pledge a few dollars of monthly support to help us pay our bills and keep the conversations going.
- Learn more at Upside Down Podcast.
- We’re on Instagram, too. You can find us individually at @patricia_a_taylor, @kayla_craig, @alissarmolina, and @lindsy.wallace.
- Join the Upside Down Together listener group on Facebook!