Manage episode 297242349 series 2504330
Lewis Howes is a former professional author turned New York bestselling author, high performing business coach, and the host of one of the top podcasts in the world- The School of Greatness which has had more than 150 million downloads.
In this episode of Nobody Told Me Podcast, Lewis shares with us his childhood traumas and adulthood adversities that led him to be who he is today. He talks about sexual abuse as a kid that triggered self-hatred for many years and how talking about it helped in healing. Lewis also shares the main reason behind starting his podcast was as a pain outlet.
Listen in to learn the importance of releasing pain as a daily practice to heal. You will also hear advice on how to become the better version of yourself in the middle of the Coronavirus pandemic.
- [0:10] Intro
- [1:52] Lewis talks about sexual abuse as a kid and a lot of unrest in his family.
- [3:38] Finding healing and forgiveness by talking about it and making it a daily habit.
- [4:25] Main reasons for starting the School of Greatness podcast.
- [5:24] Lewis talks about the adversities he went through in 2008.
- [7:47] How adversities taught him to be a resourceful and creative person.
- [8:15] Advice on how to be a better version of yourself in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
- [12:05] Becoming a serial money saver who barely wanted to spend.
- [14:41] Accepting help and mentorship from people when you’re down.
- [18:25] Figuring his passion for networking and connecting people to be an inspiration to others.
- [25:16] Who does Lewis Howes admire?
- [26:08] Appreciating challenges more by celebrating them as much as the good moments.
- [29:21] Lewis’ definition of greatness over the years.
- [30:37] What nobody told Lewis?
- [32:21] Connecting with Lewis
- [32:39] Outro
Thanks to our sponsor of this episode!
--> Apple Vacations: for a limited time, take $75 off your all-inclusive stay at Iberostar Hotels! Go to applevacations.com/nobody-told-me and use code 'SUN75'.
--> Stuff That Works: share your experience with any health condition and discover what works best for you. Go to stuffthatworks.health to check it out.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices